- Cutler has a sub .500 record, Cassel was 11-5.
- Cutler is a punk, Cassel is not. You can not have a punk for a team leader.
- They both have had the same caliber of weapons (Moss, Welker vs Brandon Marshall, Stokley and Royal).
- Both had to be traded (Cutler was a baby and Cassel cost too much)
- Jay Cutler has never won in College or in the NFL, Cassel is one year of playing won 11 games and showed comeback ability
- Cutler had 7 more interceptions than Cassel
Overall you could say that these two quaterbacks are very similar in ability/value. Some say Cutler is better, some say Cassel is better.
But there is no way that Cutler is worth two first rounders, a third, a decent QB and Cassel is only worth 1 second rounder.
Well who/what is to blame?
- Timing- The Patriots were too eager to trade Matt Cassel instead of waiting a few days/weeks to anaylze the best package for Cassel
- Bill Bilichek- Blasphemy, I know- But maybe his loyalty to Pioli and his impatience might have cost the Patriots in this trade.
- Money and Contracts- Maybe teams were afraid to give Cassel who is inexperienced big money that he was owed
By moving Cassel early we were able to sign multiple free agents. That being said...could they have waited at least a few days to make sure they were getting the best package.
But as always in Bill we trust. Maybe he will think about signing this Jay Cutler. Defensive lineman anyone?