1. The Patriots trade UP!
2. The Patriots select a PASS RUSHER!
I am pretty pumped about this pick....BB wanted this guy and he was one of the best pure pass rushers in the draft...
Here is his scouting report from Draft Countdown:
• Excellent size with a large frame and long arms
• Very powerful with impressive natural strength
• Active, violent hands to stay clean and disengage
• Stout at the point of attack against the run game
• Good instincts, awareness and a high football IQ
• Shows solid range and does a nice job in pursuit
• Plays with a terrific motor and is a hard worker
• Should offer positional and schematic versatility
• Pro bloodlines and still has a ton of potential
• Not overly explosive w/ average speed and quickness
• A tad stiff with marginal agility and change of direction
• Has a tendency to play too high and will lose leverage
• Must develop additional pass rush moves / counters
• Coming off an injury so durability is a minor concern
• Missed five games with a knee injury in 2011
A three-year starter for the Orange --- Brother Arthur also played at Syracuse and is now with the Baltimore Ravens --- Brother Jon "Bones" Jones is a UFC Fighter --- Named 2nd Team All-Big East in 2010 and 1st Team in 2011 --- Could project as a defensive or outside linebacker in a 3-4 or a defensive end in a 4-3 --- Not a dynamic pass rusher but ability to play multiple positions in either an even or odd front will be a major selling point on Draft Day --- An extremely intriguing physical specimen who is essentially a raw ball of clay waiting to be molded.